From the outset, we involved our societal partners in the development of the project idea and will continue to do so in the implementation and valorization of the research. We expect to achieve impact of the new body of knowledge for practice on the following aspects:
- A better fit between the organization of sporting encounters and their meaning for people living in vulnerable conditions.
- Development of the profession of frontline workers (e.g. buurtsportcoaches, social workers) working with the target group;
- Development of organizations and organizational networks to facilitate more inclusive sporting encounters, both in the two selected neighbourhoods as well as in other municipalities;
- Application of prototypes in sports and physical activities for more inclusive sporting encounters for vulnerable groups;
- Empowerment of people in socially vulnerable positions.
We will realize this through extensive collaboration and co-design between the project partners.